v4.0 is released.
Open source CT reconstruction
MuhRec is an open source CT reconstruction software developed at Paul Scherrer Institut. It has a graphical user interface that guides the user through the tuning of the reconstruction. Several preprocessing algorithms are provided for artefact removal and correction of biases introduced by beam hardening and scattering.
We can now proudly announce that the 2018-I release of MuhRec (v4.0) is available for download at GitHub
The big news in this release are:
- A revised user interface.
- The user manual has moved to a wiki and we have started to produce tutorial videos.
- A method to correct for the effect of scattering based on the paper https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.26.015769.
- A method to correct for the effect of scattering based on the paper https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.26.01576.9.
Further information about the release can be found at the release page on GitHub.
We would also like to announce that this version will be used during the preconference school of the World Conference on Neutron Radiography in Sydney this September.
We hope you enjoy the new release.
The MuhRec development team
Anders and Chiara
(by Kichanov Sergey)
One fine day you have joined the neutron radiographic community through measurements of your unique and wonderful object by means of a neutron tomographic method. You have obtained sets of radiographic images, open beam and dark field patterns and are focused with the question: “What should I do with all this?”
The enclosed information is provided under the GNU public license. This means it may be redistributed for free, but only if a link to the original source is provided and credit is given to Burkhard Schillinger and Thomas Buecherl.
Burkhard Schillinger & Thomas Buecherl
Attention: The hardware described will allow the set up of a first trial system, by far NOT a state-of-the art system!
- CT software talk (presentation given by Burkhard Schillinger)
- First steps in neutron tomography processing: a freeware solution for newbies (by Sergey Kichanov)
- MuhRec40 - v4.0 released (by Anders and Chiara)
Here we will provide you with tools that may be of interest and/or help in your work in neutron imaging, radiography, tomography, in setting up detector systems, beam lines etc.