To Friday, 21. October 2022
This will be the 9th conference in the ITMNR series being coordinated by the International Society for Neutron Radiography (ISNR). The meetings are an international gathering of researchers, students and users who are interested in neutron imaging (radiography and tomography) and its applications.
Each meeting of the ITMNR has a specific topic. The special focus of ITMNR-9 is on "Applications of Neutron Imaging for Science, Industry and Heritage".
The meeting will be a forum for scientists working with neutron imaging techniques to share their experiences and expertise. The aim is that participants will return home with new ideas for their work, by learning about the latest advances on the application of neutron imaging techniques to an ever increase number of problems in science and technology. Topics include:
- Materials science & engineering: new materials, welds, cracks, stress, texture, etc.
- Electrochemistry: batteries, fuel cells, etc.
- Concrete, rocks and porous media: porous media, porosity, permeability
- Nuclear materials and fuels: fuel, structural materials, moderators, etc.
- Solid state physics & magnetism: bulk and magnetic materials
- Hydrogen & processes: hydrogen storage, processes involving fluids
- Cultural heritage, Art, Conservation & Archaeometry: study and conservation of cultural heritage
- Botanics, wood science and technology: plants physiology, wood study and conservation
- Paleontology: fossils and evolution.
- Instruments: new instruments and gained experience.
- Methods & analysis: NGI, Bragg edges, neutron microscope
- Tomography: dual X-ray + neutron, novel software, methodological problems, etc.
- Software: novel software tools for general purpose or specific applications.