The 8th workshop of the NEUWAVE series was held in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK, from 12-15 June 2016. NEUWAVE-8 will provide a forum to discuss the latest scientific, technological, and instrumental advances in energy-selective neutron imaging.
The workshop will include the following topics:
- Wavelength-selective and wavelength-dispersive neutron imaging principles and experimental techniques at steady state and pulsed sources
- Design, construction and operation of energy-selective neutron imaging set-ups at continuous beam and pulsed sources
- Detection systems
- Data analysis and software developments in energy-selective neutron imaging
- Correction and/or exploitation of energy dependent effects in neutron imaging
- Applications of energy-dependent and energy-selective neutron imaging.
NEUWAVE-8 is a workshop to present and discuss new developments, techniques, further innovations, challenges and applications in an open forum with all participants. Following the tradition of the NEUWAVE workshop series and in the spirit of the first NEUWAVE meeting held in Garching in 2008, NEUWAVE-8 will try encouraging plenty of interactions and discussions between participants. The workshop will therefore start on Sunday 12 July with the traditional hike giving participants opportunities to get to know each other and to hear from each others work ahead of the more formal programme. As for the workshop sessions, we will ask for short presentations and allow ample time for discussions.
On the last day of the workshop there will be a tour of the nearby facilities of the ISIS pulsed spallation neutron source on the Harwell Campus.
We are looking forward to meeting you at NEUWAVE-8 in Abingdon!
Venue: The workshop will be held in the Coseners House, Abingdon. The meeting venue is at a picturesque Thames-side position in the grounds of the medieval Abbey of Abingdon, eight miles from the city of Oxford.
Address: The Cosener's House Abbey Close Abingdon Oxfordshire OX14 3JD
Directions to Coseners House are onhttp://www.stfc.ac.uk/about-us/where-we-work/the-cosener-s-house/
There is a small number of parking spaces at the house but spaces are available in a nearby public car park. The Coseners House is a few minutes walk away from Abingdon bus station.
Opening and Oral sessions
ISIS Tour and Closure